Click for our Home page Click to contact us Click to contact us Click to contact us

Glossary - JT Home Surveys, Ramsgate, Kent

PLANNING - If you live in a house, you can make certain types of minor changes to your home without needing to apply for planning permission, these are called 'Permitted Development Rights'. There are also different requirements if your house is a listed building. If you build something which needs planning without obtaining permission first you may be forced to put things right later. See planning portal -

FULL PLANS BUILDING REGULATION APPLICATION - This is where an application is submitted before building works start, accompanied by a set of detailed drawings and relevant forms. When construction starts a Building Control Officer will inspect the works at various stages to ensure full compliance with the current regulations.

BUILDING NOTICE APPLICATION - Detailed drawings are not required for this type of application. You submit an application at least 48 hours before building works commence and the Building Inspector will visit at various stages. The building works will progress in accordance with the planning drawings with the construction details being agreed on site.

Architecture Ramsgate, Architecture Broadstairs, Architecture Margate, Architecture Westgate, Architecture Birchington, Architecture Canterbury, Architecture Herne Bay, Architecture Whitstable, Architecture Deal, Architecture Sandwich, Architecture Thanet, Architecture Kent, Architecture East Kent.